How do you take care of jewelry?
As all of you known, Jewels are girls’ forever Best friend. No matter who’s the hand she holds, the jewels are the permanent beloved.
We may get hundreds of jewels in our room, but which one will stand out from the army of jewelry and gain the most chances to be shown in front? Of course, the one which is shiny and in a good state.
As for me, sometimes I prefer one of my necklaces to match the outfits that day. It should be the best choice in style. But when I picked it up from my drawer, I had to drop it. Why? It was faded and damaged by something sharp. The surface wasn’t smooth as it should be. I am so sad as it was one of my favorites. But it can only lay in the dark drawer from that day on. What a pity!
To avoid something similar happening, I realize that taking care of the special “Best friends” is really important a thing. Gradually, I get my own experience and good methods in practice. Now I am sharing them with you.
First of all, you need to “Protect” them well.
- Keep your jewels from soaking in water and take off it if you are going to perform any sports.
- Protect them from any sharp things, including the other jewels which are sharp and hard.
- Gently clean your jewelry with a clean and soft cloth to maximize the shine.
- Form good habits of settling your jewelry separately according to their different material, like silver, pearls, gold, and alloy.
- Keep your chains clasped to keep them from getting tangled.
- Inspect and maintain your jewelry regularly.
Except for the protection, if some of your jewelry has been damaged or faded a little, you have to clean and fix them in time. Here are some practical tips:
- You should polish your platinum and silver jewelry to avoid tarnishing weekly or at least once a month.
- Use silver “Dip” type cleaners for cleaning silver jewelry. But do remember to pick the jewelry out in few seconds and dry it immediately.
- As for the Gemstone jewelry. I suggest you clean them with those recommended and professional cleaning solutions. They need to be taken extra care of.
- Clean your antique jewelry only with the advice of a specialist or you risk ruining it.
At last, Please do keep your jewelry at a proper place which is dry and clean. All the jewelry should be protected well from daily chemicals like your cosmetics.